Retail Conferences 2017
Having produced our 10th annual Retail Conference in 2016 we decided it was time to review and refresh our format and approach. Taking attendee feedback into account, and for the first time in 2017, we will be producing two annual events, each with specific themes and focus.
On 17th May 2017 we will be delivering the Retail Customer Experience Conference
Our delegates feedback highlighted that in recent years most retail events had focused on ecommerce, mcommerce, social media and digital/technology. Front line store operations, a critical component of the omni-channel customer experience, have become the poor-relative to conferences focused on 'exciting new developments'. With the ONS reporting that 80%+ of all retail sales are STILL served through stores (whether through traditional sales or click-and-collect), it seemed madness that there wasn't an event dedicated to retail operations and customer experience professionals.
So, for the first time in 2017, we will be presenting a conference for all those who are responsible for ensuring that stores deliver a consistent, cohesive customer experience, appropriately representing their retail brand, in an efficient and profitable manner. You can find out more via Retail Customer Experience Conference
Then, on 15th November 2017 we will be delivering the Retail Supply Chain Management Conference
Our attendees had also commented that there are few forums that consider best-practice in the end to end retail supply chain. With the omni-channel customer demanding more rapid and flexible fulfilment and returns options, more and more pressure, and cost, is placed on the outbound, and reverse, logistics and supply chain operations.
Feedback also suggests that the core supply chain is also challenged - with the business need for more efficient flow of stock, reducing out of stocks, maximising lost sales potential, whilst limiting the cost of clearance due to obsolescence. As customers expect more frequent range changes and extended online offerings (leading to increased SKU counts) the merchandise and assortment planning, demand forecasting and replenishment processes have dramatically increased in complexity.
So, for the first time in 2017, we will be presenting a conference that focuses on how retailers can address these challenges, ensuring they have a well-planned, efficient supply chain that supports the business needs, the customer demands, whilst not haemorrhaging profit. You can find out more via Retail Supply Chain Management Conference
Why should you attend one of The Retail Conferences?
By attending one, or both, of The Retail Conferences, you will be placing yourself ahead of your peers as a fresh, forward-thinking retailer
who is not afraid to embrace change and innovation to secure your place in the future.
We typically welcome delegates from leading retailers from across the UK and attendees have included those from:
* Argos * Barclays Bank * Boden * Clarks Shoes * Carphone Warehouse * Cool Britannia Retail * Debenhams * Direct Wines * Escada * Estee Lauder * Gap Inc. * Giorgio Armani * GoOutDoors * JD Williams * John Lewis * Karen Millen * Kingfisher * Lloyds pharmacy * Net-a-porter * Notcutts * Paperchase * Specsavers * Sports Direct * Superdrug * Tesco * The Entertainer * TJX Europe * Virgin Holidays * Wilkinsons *
We pride ourselves on welcoming quality delegates
, bringing them together to bolster and progress the retail industry as a unit. For almost a decade, The Retail Conference's attendees have enjoyed flawless expert insights, inspiring success stories and meaningful networking opportunities.
What will you can expect at a Retail Conference?
When you attend one of our events you will not only benefit from the strong conference agendas, the include an ideal blend of main keynote presentations and interactive workshops, you will also enjoy:
- Exclusive, delegate-only access to download all presentations and other supporting materials immediately after the event.
- The opportunity to network and connect with delegates who are all as passionate about retailing as you are.
- Time to browse our sponsors stands, showcasing the latest technologies, systems and products to aid the retail industry.
- Fabulous catering throughout the day, including:
- Welcome refreshments - morning goods, coffee, tea and juice.
- Mid-morning refreshments - biscuits, coffee and tea.
- Lunch - a delicious, hot, fork-buffet meal.
- Afternoon refreshments - cakes, coffee and tea.
- Great venue facilities at the City of Nottingham-based Nottingham Conference Centre, including:
- Free WiFi
- An unmanned cloakroom
- Lounge area for 1-2-1 conversations
- Discounted parking and hotel options
Book your place for one, or both, of The Retail Conferences now
If you're as enthusiastic about the retail industry as we are, join us on either 17th May or 15th November, at the Nottingham Conference Centre. Ticket prices for retailers are just £149, or £299 for non-retailers! If you book for both events you get a preferential rate of just £199, or £499 for non-retailers! We look forward to seeing you at one of our events soon!
Register now to become part of the retail industry's most future-focused events.